Many Institutions are Understaffed
Many community banks and credit unions are without a Chief Information Officer (CIO), a critical role for IT compliance.
Your Virtual CIO
VCIO provides the services of an experienced CIO without the expense of an additional C-level employee.
Ideal for Community Banks and Credit Unions Who:
- Don’t have a dedicated CIO on staff
- Have had IT exam findings that recommend oversight or governance improvements
- Are concerned that policies, procedures and practices are not well coordinated
- Worry their IT management program would not pass regulatory scrutiny
- Want someone to guide them on an ongoing basis
Leadership and Oversight
The VCIO will meet with your board of directors and senior management to provide strategic IT guidance, training, and oversight
They will participate in board of directors meetings, technology steering committee meetings and the meetings surrounding exams or audits
Guidance and Reviews
Address regulatory requirements like your incident response policy, business impact analysis, and information security program
Automation and Efficiency
Access online compliance applications to manage your vendors, business continuity plan, and the Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT)
Your VCIO is with You Every Step of the Way
Technology Steering Committee
Assists in defining the agenda, facilitates quarterly meetings and leads control self-assessment initiatives
Assures that all IT initiatives align with the objectives of the strategic plan.
Board of Directors
Attends board of director meetings to present IT and security program updates, and findings and responses to audits and examinations
Audit/Examination Prep & Response
Assists with the preparation process for IT audits and regulatory examinations, the responses to findings, and Board reporting.
Includes 4 Web-based Applications
All built specifically for community banks and credit unions to manage compliance online
Ready to get started with VCIO?
Need a specific service right now?
We also offer hourly compliance consulting. Our compliance experts are ready to provide IT compliance services and guidance, so you can target the regulatory or industry issues you are facing right now.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- IT Strategic Planning and Project Management
- Information Security and Risk Management
- Business Impact Analysis
- IT Steering Committee charter, agendas, guidance and summary notes
- New Technology Review and Risk Assessments
- New Vendor Review and Risk Assessments
- SOC Reviews
- Assistance with pre-audit and pre-exam questionnaires and responses
- Consent Order/Memorandum of Understanding consulting