With high volumes of sensitive data, community banks and credit unions are often victims of cyber attacks
Data Held for Ransom
Criminals are becoming increasingly sophisticated and malicious
Changing Threat Landscape
More attacks are using tools built into the system already, making identification more difficult
of cyber attacks are avoidable, with the right layers
of security incidents involving loss are from insiders
Service Includes Advanced Features
- Fileless malware detection – Malware that lives in system memory may not actually be downloaded or installed on the machine. Most traditional antivirus products work by scanning files on an endpoint. If the malware lives in memory and not as a file on the machine’s hard drive, most traditional antivirus/antimalware solutions are not able to see or analyze the threat.
- Anti-Ransomware - Ransomware is one of the scariest forms of malware. It can make your data unusable and then charge a fee to get your data back. It is popular as there is money to be made by infecting computers. Using advance mechanisms like monitoring popular ransomware activities, such as Volume Shadow Copy manipulation, to identify and stop these types of malware are critical to a good cybersecurity plan.
- "Living off the Land" - More and more attackers are employing a technique known as “Living off the Land” where they use local software to perpetrate their attach. Tools like Powershell, WScript, and CScript are continually evaluated for nefarious behavior.
- Sandboxing – Suspicious or unknown executable files are sent to the cloud and detonated in a secure environment. Alerts will be generated for files that exhibit malicious behavior, and the files quarantined.
- Root Cause Analysis – Scout continually watches the process, registry, and network activity of endpoints. When Scout identifies malicious activity, the scope of this activity can be seen and evaluated more easily than traditional antivirus solutions. This may mean the difference in having to declare an incident and identifying a piece of malware with no long-term harm to the institution.